Monday, June 15, 2009

Things that really irritate me about reality shows...

Okay, I watch far more tv then I should, and find myself watching some reality shows the same way people slow down to gawk as they pass an accident; you are just waiting for the train wreck to happen.

However, I often wonder about some of the constestants on competition based shows; people, did you even Watch the show, at least once, before you went and became a contestant?
My niece and I were talking about this the other day, and it would seem that for certain shows, you should have a few basics down before you get there:

Top Chef- I'm So tired of hearing these people who are competing for the big prize, say they don't do desserts, or aren't a pastry chef, etc!. Okay, by now, you should have Some idea that you might, just might, have to do a dessest course sometime during your stay. If you can't do something, maybe work on it, Before you get there?

Hell's Kitchen - Chef Gordon Ramsay has Twenty freaking books out! And this is like the fifth season of the show. Maybe before you go on it, you should buy a couple of his books, or check them out from the library, and learn to make oh, I don't know risotto the way he wants it done, or figure out how to do a beef wellington? He has some things that are on the main menu time after time, maybe figure out how to cook it, before you get there.
(I also like that show, as it shows just well how women are able to cooperate in a group together....)

Survivor- Go to your local scouts, and learn how to start a freaking fire, for gawds sakes! And how to tie various simple knots, and make a fishing spear and trap. This isn't rocket science, people. (although it was so cool last season to see the nice, older, phyics teacher win it all, as well as win fan fave)

America's Next Top Model- Okay, your friends told you that you were hot, you made it to the auditions, yay! Maybe you should try walking in heels, at least once before you actually get to the house? And, if you haven't ever done so before, read a fashion magazine, and watch some back episodes?

I'm sure that there are lots more, but those are the reoccuring pet peeves that are bothering me right now.

Makes you just want to beat some of these people with a stick.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment