Monday, June 15, 2009

A post about knives and swords and such...

Something that I share in common with my Husband, is that I've always been fascinated by bladed weapons. When I was in college, I started training with various weapons, and got exposed to the Filipino Martial Arts (FMA) when I was in Hawaii the first time.

Well, over the years, have picked up quite a few different things, nothing fancy, but for anyone who is into FMA, here is something I would recommend- the Cold Steel Kris which they have apparently discontinued.
It's well made, double edged, and inexpensive.

Go to http://www.coldsteel.com/ and click on the close outs tab.

A nice compliment to it is the barong machete (may not pull up when you click on the machete tab, but it will if you use their search box). Authentic style blade, good weight, cuts well. Make sure you get the 18 inch one.

They apparently don't carry it anymore, but he also got me a while back their sword version barong, which is So cool.

okay, what other fun things do we have from them....going through the catalog....

I have the serrated scimitar, great little knife, and what I usually have on me or in my purse. And btw, the serrated version is on closeout as well.

He has the XL tanto voyager w/serrations I got him...
I want to get one of their Katana's some time, pricey though.
Have the Light Cavalry saber, and the civillian saber looks cool too.
He has the great sword and hand and a half swords.
We have a couple of the Roach Belly and Canadian hunting knives, absurdly cheap, and wicked sharp, we've given them as gifts to all the hunters we know.
We each have the SRK, actually got that during the first Gulf war. I have the Recon Tanto as well, great knife.
Have the Steel Tiger, but that was simply cause I've always been fascinated by kerambits, and this was a good affordable version.
oh, and Love their chef's knife! Use that all the time.
Got him the war hammer, and we each have the Vietnam hawk. I also have the trail hawk, for camping.
He got me the Laredo bowie, love that thing, and the back edge isn't false but is actually sharp for like four inches back, wicked cool.
We each got Gurkha kukri's when they had them as seconds a while ago, Great tool.
And they offer some great dvd sets. Like the Filipino Boxing one, love that. And the saber one. And the sjambok and stun stagger stop was Really good, and the sarong dvd shows what you can do with flexible weapons like a scarf or shirt, etc.
And the sjambok is a Way wicked self defense tool! It is Not a spanking toy, it Will break skin.
I have the short Assegai spear, I wanted one ever since I saw Shaka Zulu the mini series.
Got him the Boar spear, which he uses for Boar hunting, and which makes me nervous, he has enough scars already.
He got me their Irish Blackthorn stick last St. Patricks day, love it.
The Escrima sticks are great, you don't have to keep replacing them like you do rattan ones for training.
Got him the pole ax, which is still on sale in the closeouts. He has way to much fun with that.
The Kukri machetes are a must have around the house, cut like mad, and cheap enough you don't mind if they get dinged up when you use them.
The blow guns are a lot of fun, easy to use, and very accurate. Although the stun darts rather sting when someone shoots you in the bottom with it.
hope you find something you like
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment